We’re still swooning over the Golden Globes, and all the drama of a Hollywood affair! Plus, with the Oscars right around the corner, there’s plenty of glamor to kick off 2016. From red carpets to dramatic dresses, there are a few hints our modern wedding brides take from the red carpet in order to put together award-winning weddings all year round. With a Dallas wedding venue like The Empire Room, modern glitz is a year-round staple. Check out our tips on bringing the sophisticated sensationalism of the red carpet to your own modern wedding.
- Go big and bold at the aisle: Your grand entrance should be a red-carpet worthy affair. Heighten the drama by decorating the aisle with bold statement pieces. You can opt for a bright pop of color, or line the pews with with vivid floral arrangements. Amping up the drama for the aisle décor helps heighten the drama for your grand entrance, and makes for striking photos you’ll treasure long after the show’s over.
- Give your bridesmaids a dose of chic: Long gone are the days of frumpy, unflattering bridesmaids dresses. Give your girls a sophisticated, chic look for the big day—and don’t worry, nothing can top your own glamorous bridal beauty! Consider sparkly dresses that make a statement, or bold celebrity-worthy silhouettes. You don’t have to break the bank on designer gowns to achieve a glam look for your bridesmaids. See a few of our favorites here:
- Designer Monique Lhuillier brings a red carpet vibe to Nordstrom with striking silhouettes like this elegant mermaid gown or this pair of on-trend separates.
- Anthropologie’s BHLDN bridal collection has a wide range of dresses worthy of a glamorous occasion. From head-to-toe sparkle, to subtly embellished evening gowns, and even more classic chic silhouettes, this bridesmaid dress collection is sure to have something for everyone.
- For all things sparkly, Adrianna Papel is our go-to designer. Her sequins and beadwork are definitely award-winners in our book, and will allow your bridesmaids to each choose a different (but cohesive) dress that flatters their figure.
- Hollywood-inspired hair: While we certainly love the tousled braids and floral crown trend, there’s something to be said for sleek, retro-inspired hairstyles that heighten the drama of the occasion. Consider trying an upswept side ‘do for a dramatic look, or even a polished top-knot for your bridesmaids. Add fashion-forward accessories give your sophisticated style an extra touch. Need inspiration? Look no further than Gatsby’s own Daisy Buchanan, the picture-perfect example of elegant 1920s accessorizing.
- Photo booth: You and your guests are all glammed up—might as well document the occasion! A photo booth is a fun entertainment option for guests, and the perfect way to capture special memories of your wedding day. With camera lights flashing, every guest will feel like a celebrity… and everyone will enjoy having a photo memento of the occasion. Need tips? Our Dallas wedding venue loves adding photo booths to our space! Just ask us how to get started.
- Location: The real key to making your reception feel like a Hollywood affair is location. Choosing a modern Dallas wedding venue sets the tone for a sophisticated, elegant occasion. Look for venues with a modern feel and a special character to heighten the drama for your guests. Add décor elements to make the space your own, and voila!
For all of our modern brides, we can’t wait to see how you heighten the drama of your special day. Special touches like these will add a layer of sophistication and drama to your wedding and reception, ensuring your occasion will be an affair to remember. If you’re inspired by Hollywood chic, we’d love to have you stop by our modern Dallas wedding venue for a tour—we think you’ll love our elegant space and patio view of downtown Dallas. Just let us know how we can help make your wedding day a “best picture” winner.