One of the things we love most about our open urban wedding venue space is that it can be transformed into anything our brides imagine! We’ve seen couples execute everything from traditional elegance to retro mod to contemporary and everything in between. One of our favorite looks this season is a modern industrial style. Modern industrial is all about combining rich textures to evoke a welcoming urban vibe. With warm color tones and richly layered textures, brides who pull off a modern industrial wedding strike the perfect balance of warmth and urban living without sacrificing a luxury experience. Take a look at a few of our favorite modern industrial textures to incorporate into your urban wedding venue:
- Exposed Brick: A key element to achieving the modern industrial style! Our urban wedding venue’s brick walls make the perfect backdrop to a modern industrial wedding. Bricks of any color can help achieve that cozy urban feel, but we especially love the way white bricks tie a bridal elegance into the look.
- Metal: Add a few metal accents to achieve the richly layered textures that define a modern industrial style. Consider a bar cart with wrought iron pipe legs, or brushed brass candlesticks in your table décor. These accents of metallic texture will add a rich quality to the overall look.
- Wood: Add organic texture where you can. Dark woods or painted woods work well with this aesthetic; you’ll want to stay away from light or painted white woods. Painted dark chiavari chairs, a wooden bar, or even a wooden cake table can add warmth and dimension to your modern industrial wedding.
- Leather: perfect for your photo-ops! Place a vintage leather chair in the designated photo area. Guests can use it for photo posing—and it even doubles as a luxurious setting for bridal portraits. Go all-out with a textured rug underneath the chair to really evoke a sense comfortable urban luxury.
- Filament Bulbs: lighting makes a huge impact in setting the tone for your wedding and reception. Filament bulbs are a unique and on-trend item that make an impression. Consider hanging them over tablescapes, or even as part of a photo area. Glass bulb accents will be the cherry on top of all your textural elements!
It sounds like a lot of textural elements (and it is!), but choosing one or two accents of each texture will go a long way. Even just a few items from each textural category will blend together for the perfect modern industrial look. Need visual inspiration to pull it all together? Check out a few of our favorite modern industrial style blogs and Pinterest boards:
M Pression | Pumblechook Interiors | Nidia Fiukowski | Tim Burleson
A modern industrial theme can be the perfect way to put that unexpected twist on your wedding style. Incorporate surprising details without sacrificing the luxury or elegance of your special day. We’d love to see your own modern industrial style inspo! Feel free to get in touch with any ideas—we would be honored to help incorporate them into your big day at our urban wedding venue.