Whew! Summer temperatures have finally arrived here at our modern Dallas TX wedding venue. Luckily, 100-degree days also herald a slew of stunning summer weddings to keep us cool. We’re daydreaming about summertime celebrations to prepare for all the July and August couples tying the knot at The Empire Room.From light and airy dresses to floral crowns and refreshing cocktails, summer brings all kinds of delightful seasonal treats. Pulling off your nuptials in Texas weather is no easy feat, so we’ve compiled our best tricks for hosting the perfect summer wedding. Beat the heat with these top tips:
- Water: have plenty of hydration available at all times during a summer wedding! Set up an easily accessible (and thoughtfully decorated) water dispenser, and keep an eye on ample glassware so guests can refill often. For a citrusy summer touch, add lemon and mint, cucumber, or orange slices to your ice-cold H2O.
- Fans: keep the air moving with fans placed outdoors. A well-planned breeze makes all the difference on a warm-weather patio. Or, hand out handheld fans for a fun detail and useful favor.
- Light bites: make summer menu selections carefully—you don’t want to serve anything too heavy at a summertime wedding. Keep your menu limited to fresh appetizers (caprese kebabs, shrimp cocktails, fruit and cheese) and seasonal entrees… or mix it up with fun favorites like a grilled cheese truck!
- Protect against bugs: there is nothing worse than an outdoor reception ruined by pesky mosquitos. Ask your venue director about their plan repel insects, and consider backup if needed.
- Venue: we may be biased, but we think venue selection is the biggest factor in summertime wedding success. Choosing a venue that can accommodate Texas temperatures is key to keeping guests cool and happy. Consider your wedding season weather when you’re touring venues (even if it’s tricky to imagine a summer wedding during December tours). Asking the right questions can narrow your selection to a venue perfectly suited to your special day. After all, there really is no substitute for AC!
Congratulations to all our summer brides and grooms. We’re geared up to help you beat the heat, and we can’t wait to see the seasonal details you bring to our modern Dallas TX wedding venue.