Your wedding is such a treasured window of time; the twenty-four hours of your the big day are hardly enough to capture the immense excitement of this special occasion. You and your sweetheart deserve to soak up every second of this precious celebration. That’s why we’re highlighting a wedding trend we absolutely adore: the wedding weekend. Why not celebrate your union all weekend long!? Give yourself time to savor every sweet moment of your wedding with a weekend full of festivities at the best modern wedding venue Dallas has to offer.
The wedding weekend is a fun way of celebrating with all your favorite people. If you have guests coming in from out of town, a wedding weekend can also be an ideal way to introduce the wedding party to each other and let people get comfortable before they meet on the aisle. It’s also a much-appreciated gesture for travelers who have come a long way for the occasion. Enjoy the fun all weekend long with these favorite wedding weekend ideas!
- Thursday: Bachelor / Bachelorette. many couples opt to save this outing for the wedding weekend… although we might recommend giving your wedding party a few days of recovery time, just in case! This ideal if you have an out-of-town wedding party that makes scheduling tricky. Have everyone come in for the wedding a few days early and plan a night at Dallas’s best attractions.
- Friday: Bridal brunch. on the morning of the rehearsal, we highly recommend planning an outing with your girls! You’ll want to avoid sitting around waiting for the exciting stuff to begin. Instead, take your mind off wedding chaos and enjoy some time with your bridesmaids. Plan a swoon-worthy brunch affair with a delectable menu and light cocktails. It’ll be rehearsal time before you know it!
- Friday: Rehearsal. of course, it is traditional to host a rehearsal dinner to smooth out any wrinkles and help soothe the pre-wedding jitters. Traditionally, the mother of the groom hosts a rehearsal dinner afterward to entertain the wedding party and any additional guests. This is a great opportunity to score time with close family who are not in the wedding party.
- Saturday: Get married! this one goes without saying! The reason for the weekend is celebrating your love story. Savor the day by getting ready early, so you can take your time and enjoy the company of your loved ones. Look for a modern wedding venue Dallas offers with a bridal suite to give you privacy and peace of mind until the big moment on the aisle. Then dance the night away at your reception with your new husband!
- Sunday: Day-after brunch. you might be jetting off to your honeymoon, but friends and family can still gather for final goodbyes at a day-after brunch. Plan a hearty breakfast for select guests (typically just the wedding party and immediate family) before they hit the road home. It’s a nice way to thank your loved ones, and it’s always fun to reminisce about last night’s party!
Extend the wedding festivities by hosting a weekend celebration. With these events on the schedule, you’ll be having too much fun to stress. Surround yourself with loved ones who can share in the wedding excitement alongside you and complete your wedding day celebration.
Still trying to figure out where to host all these events? Stop by the best modern wedding venue Dallas has to offer—The Empire Room. We’ll give you a tour and all the expertise you need to host an unforgettable wedding weekend from start to finish. We hope to see you soon!